Manager, Pricing and Revenue Steering
Remote · San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, April 15, 2023
Kyte is a Series B technology platform that brings magic and seamless delivery into the experience of getting a car in cities for any trip longer than a rideshare. We unlock the freedom to go places by committing to relentless customer centricity, technology-powered operational excellence and capital efficiency. The sky's the limit when it comes to Kyte.
At Kyte, we love what we do and we believe our diverse team of ridiculously ambitious individuals is what makes our company unstoppable. We are a transparency first, egoless, and down-to-earth group of people, scattered across the globe, with a true passion for the Kyte mission. No matter where you are or what you are working on, you will have a significant level of ownership and impact on our company's trajectory and growth into the future.
Help us unlock the freedom to go places!
About the Role:
As Pricing and Revenue Steering Manager, you will have the opportunity to build and run a revenue steering system with its components of pricing and forecasting. You will have full ownership around RPU, RPD, and corresponding margin KPIs. In this role, you will collaborate with teams across the organization and solve complex, dynamic problems together.
What You'll Do:
- Define, guide, and execute on the strategic direction of Kyte’s multi-year pricing and revenue steering strategy. Ensure that Kyte’s pricing strategy is moving from a competitive-based approach to a true value-based approach
- Work closely with Engineering (mainly the algorithm & inference team) and Product on improvements of our pricing system, prioritization of technical initiatives
- Run and own the pricing experimentation roadmap, experimentation drumbeat, and all analytics around it
- Work closely with the markets teams on the ground to drive utilization, drive RPU. and gross margins
- Own the PnL around RPU, utilization, and RPD and work closely with the finance team on optimizing for margin-positive bookings on a per market level, as well as the broader 1-90 day forecasting engine
- Demonstrate analytical rigor in all that you do to make sure that your product insights are driven by data. Build and use dashboards and frequently run quantitative analyses to drive product direction
- Collaborate. You will build strong relationships with cross-functional teammates (e.g. growth marketing, core product, engineering) to create transparency, trust, and maximal impact. You will balance the complex relationships between top line revenue / RPU, profitability, utilization, and long term value capture (customer LTV)
- Autonomy. You will work closely with a team, but it’s important that you’re comfortable running with loose direction, managing ambiguity with a bias towards action, and turning that into a crisply defined action list and roadmap for yourself and the entire product and growth team
- 3+ years product management or related industry experience in Growth/Growth Product/Business Operations/Revenue Operations/Pricing for consumer facing companies with a fixed asset component
- Excellent communication skills with multiple departments
- Willingness to get your hands dirty and lead by example
- Technical, data-driven mindset and ability to perform SQL queries, generate analyses, draw key insights, and gather survey data
- Business-minded and business savvy. Excited to own large elements of the PnL and have full ownership over KPIs
- Enthusiastic and resilient in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
- Experience out of the airline revenue management/pricing industry
- Built revenue steering systems before at growth stage companies and/or the rental car industry
- Entrepreneurial experience. You’ve worked at a small startup or even better started one yourself
- Worked in the travel or mobility space before
- A software engineer or highly technical Product Manager/ TPM / Data Science or similar technical degree
Perks and benefits
• Comprehensive Medical, Dental, & Vision Health Insurance (Individuals 100% Covered, Dependents 80% Covered)
• 401(k) Retirement Plan
• $200 Monthly Commuter Benefit
• $75 Monthly Flexible Wellness Benefit
• Annual WFH Stipend (Remote Employees)
•Annual Company wide offsite
• Annual Learning and Development Budget
See more open positions at Kyte
Something looks off?