Software Engineer I, Growth Engineering
Software Engineering, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, May 2, 2023
Kyte is a Series B technology platform that brings magic and seamless delivery into the experience of getting a car in cities for any trip longer than a rideshare. We unlock the freedom to go places by committing to relentless customer centricity, technology-powered operational excellence and capital efficiency. The sky's the limit when it comes to Kyte.
At Kyte, we love what we do and we believe our diverse team of ridiculously ambitious individuals is what makes our company unstoppable. We are a transparency first, egoless, and down-to-earth group of people, scattered across the globe, with a true passion for the Kyte mission. No matter where you are or what you are working on, you will have a significant level of ownership and impact on our company's trajectory and growth into the future.
Help us unlock the freedom to go places!
About the role:
As a Software Engineer, you will build reliable and scalable systems from day one that will simplify how our users get access to vehicles. You will streamline the process for geosearch, promotions, and customer bookings. You will be responsible for driving the customer funnel from the top to bottom as well as optimize the long term value of our customers. You will work closely together with the product and operations team to develop features, architect and design systems and ship products to our users, partners and internal stakeholders.
What you'll do:
- Work on high-impact projects and innovate new solutions to provide the best rental experience possible
- Design new user experiences that will make customers want to rent with Kyte
- Reduce friction in the current booking process to streamline going from search to completing a booking
- Map out all the data needed to assess the long term value our customers have for Kyte
- Identify, discuss, document and communicate technical improvements within your area of responsibility
- Work cross functionally with Engineering, Product, Operations, Finance, and other teams as applicable
- Leave the code in a better state than when you found it (progressive refactor)
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent technical experience
- Experience working in an agile setup using continuous deployment and delivery
- Expertise with unit, integration, and end-to-end testing
- Experience architecting microservices at scale
- Experience with AWS or related cloud providers
- Full-stack background (you have developed backend services, RESTful APIs, API design, server-side flows)
- You’ve built and improved on database architectures, data warehousing/lake solutions, or related tech
- Ability to architect and design modular and scalable systems (micro-services, event driven architectures, resilience patterns)
- Experience with containerization (eg., Docker, Kubernetes)
How we work:
- Our Engineering teams work with weekly Scrum sprints
- Our Backend is written with Python using Flask and PostgreSQL
- Our Frontend is written with Typescript using React and React Native
- We have the mindset "you built it, you run it"
- We ship code to production (AWS) several times per day using Gitlab CI/CD
• Comprehensive Medical, Dental, & Vision Health Insurance (Individuals 100% Covered, Dependents 80% Covered)
• 401(k) Retirement Plan
• $200 Monthly Commuter Benefit
• $75 Monthly Flexible Wellness Benefit
• Annual WFH Stipend (Remote Employees)
• Annual Learning and Development Budget
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single requirement. At Kyte, we're building an inclusive, diverse, and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about our vision/mission and this role caught your eye - we encourage you to apply! Don't worry if your previous experience doesn't match perfectly, you may be the right candidate for this role, or even another role at Kyte!
See more open positions at Kyte
Something looks off?