Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2023
Kyte is a Series B technology platform that brings magic and seamless delivery into the experience of getting a car in cities for any trip longer than a rideshare. We unlock the freedom to go places by committing to relentless customer centricity, technology-powered operational excellence and capital efficiency. The sky's the limit when it comes to Kyte.
At Kyte, we love what we do and we believe our diverse team of ridiculously ambitious individuals is what makes our company unstoppable. We are a transparency first, egoless, and down-to-earth group of people, scattered across the globe, with a true passion for the Kyte mission. No matter where you are or what you are working on, you will have a significant level of ownership and impact on our company's trajectory and growth into the future.
Help us unlock the freedom to go places!
About the role
We're looking for a highly efficient and competent logistics coordinator who can lead a team of surfers to maintain flawless and timely execution of daily rental car delivery and pickup for our clients. The FC will be responsible for ensuring smooth day-to-day fleet operations for a rental car startup, developing operations strategies for maximum efficiency, and lifting our on-the-ground operations to the next level. This role would report to the local Associate Operations Manager. This person should be highly motivated towards excellence, be incredibly communicative and a quick thinker, open to learning and trying new strategies, and growing at a fast pace with the company.
This is a contract position with a pay rate of $23/hr.
The working shift is Thursday-Monday 6:30am - 12:30pm.
What You'll Do
- Ensure the smooth daily operation of Kyte’s lot in Seattle
- Support surfers’ accuracy in car delivery to customers on time, and car return to the lot
- Liaison between body shop mechanics and general service for our vehicles
- Take inventory of cars at every stage of service needed or approaching
- Onboard, enroll, train, and manage new contractors
- Troubleshoot and triage minor maintenance issues on-site
- Supervise and schedule cleaning services for cars
- Install telematic devices on cars
- Optimize vehicle configuration in lot to ensure cars go out on time
- Collaborate with market leadership to suggest tools and operational changes to improve customer satisfaction, fleet health and fleet management costs
- Valid driver's license
- 1 year of professional experience managing logistics and operations, individuals and teams
- Superb time management skills and history of balancing competing priorities
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to see the “big picture”
- Highly communicative and comfort bringing conversations to the table with contractors, vendors, and leadership alike
- Extremely process oriented and able to take charge of extremely complex logistical situations
- Ability to stay 10 steps ahead of the daily flow
- Comfortable working weekends and nights
- Willingness to jump in and participate to fix last-minute issues as they arise
- Energetic, team-player
- Experience with rental car services
- Proficiency in Slack, Google Sheets/Microsoft Excel and Google Docs
- Managed a team of 15-20 people
• Flexible hours and 1099 contractor status
• The opportunity to partner with us during the exciting early stages of a well-funded, Silicon Valley based startup with massive growth potential
See more open positions at Kyte
Something looks off?