Head of Product
Remote · San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, June 18, 2023
Kyte is a Series B technology platform that brings magic and seamless delivery into the experience of getting a car in cities for any trip longer than a rideshare. We unlock the freedom to go places by committing to relentless customer centricity, technology-powered operational excellence and capital efficiency. The sky's the limit when it comes to Kyte.
At Kyte, we love what we do and we believe our diverse team of ridiculously ambitious individuals is what makes our company unstoppable. We are a transparency first, egoless, and down-to-earth group of people, scattered across the globe, with a true passion for the Kyte mission. No matter where you are or what you are working on, you will have a significant level of ownership and impact on our company's trajectory and growth into the future.
Help us unlock the freedom to go places!
About the Role
As Kyte’s Head of Product, you will report directly to our CEO and be responsible for defining, steering, and executing the product vision and roadmap. You will define the “What” and “Why” of Kyte’s products, own the sequence in which we are building things, and assemble/steer the team behind it to drive product excellence and depth. Further, You will be the “glue” between the bits and the atoms side of the business, i.e. aligning all stakeholders across Engineering, Growth, Operations/Markets, Finance, Supply on the product roadmap and drive complex discussions around resources and focus areas.
While this role has the ability to be remote, we do want our Head of Product to be located in one of our markets: Seattle, Portland (OR), Los Angeles, San Francisco, Denver, Chicago, New York City, Brooklyn, Boston, Philidelphia, Washington DC, Atlanta, and Jersey City.
What You’ll Do
- Lead and build the team - define product excellence, operations and principles along with a culture of product centricity at Kyte. Be the advocate for consumer magic. operational efficiencies and a data driven experimentation culture at Kyte
- Build and execute the product roadmap - align stakeholders on priorities to drive clarity and a shared product vision
- Connect and align the business objectives with clear product and engineering deliverables and OKRs - drive Product OKRs, define ROI, impact and outcome of feature development
- Define, prioritize and execute on Kyte’s Platform Strategy - align the engineering and product roadmaps to determine the platform investments needed to accelerate product development in 2024 and beyond
- Define and execute Kyte’s Product Strategy - align with the business strategy and market positioning, launches, product verticals (airports, business, etc) partnering with other members of the leadership team and company
- Look around corners - assess opportunities, partnerships, new business areas that drive the consumer magic, operational efficiencies, revenue growth, profitability, and TAM
- Build an experimentation driven and data driven culture and company - be the core advocate and stakeholder for building and nurturing a heavily data and KPI driven culture of world class forecasting, experimentation mechanisms and decision processes. Define and work in lockstep with finance, growth and operations on the right metrics to drive company success. Be the center point around analytics and data science at Kyte
- Demonstrated success launching consumer-facing product experiences at scale
- Highly technical background across software and data
- Experience in building operational products that are operating the real physical world
- Track record of shipping innovative consumer facing products in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in leading and building high performing teams
- Track record of building and running a world class extremely metrics, data, and KPI driven engine to move business objectives
- Ability to collaborate closely with engineers and operators to streamline the end-to-end product experience and/or tackle operational workflow needs
- Exceptional leadership and ability to align executive level and senior management on competing priorities across a variety of different business domains (Operations, Engineering, Growth, …)
- Product leadership or exposure to a company with heavy on the ground/operations components, internal tooling (e.g. fleet management, gig products, …)
- Degree in computer science and experience as a Software Engineer, Growth or Product Analytics
- Being part of an organization on the journey to IPO
- Direct or tangential travel or hospitality tech experience
- Technical program management experience with a proven track record of successfully translating complex technical programs into tangible business impact and demonstrated ability to align and coordinate programs that span across all business verticals, ensuring seamless integration and operationalization
Perks and benefits
• Comprehensive Medical, Dental, & Vision Health Insurance (Individuals 100% Covered, Dependents 80% Covered)
• 401(k) Retirement Plan
• $200 Monthly Commuter Benefit
• $75 Monthly Flexible Wellness Benefit
• Annual WFH Stipend (Remote Employees)
• Significant Kyte Rental Discount
• Annual Company-wide Offsite
• Annual Learning and Development Budget
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single requirement. At Kyte, we're building an inclusive, diverse, and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about our vision/mission and this role caught your eye - we encourage you to apply! Don't worry if your previous experience doesn't match perfectly, you may be the right candidate for this role, or even another role at Kyte!