Associate Employment Counsel
Remote · United States
Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2023
Kyte is a Series B technology platform that brings magic and seamless delivery into the experience of getting a car in cities for any trip longer than a rideshare. We unlock the freedom to go places by committing to relentless customer centricity, technology-powered operational excellence and capital efficiency. The sky's the limit when it comes to Kyte.
At Kyte, we love what we do and we believe our diverse team of ridiculously ambitious individuals is what makes our company unstoppable. We are a transparency first, egoless, and down-to-earth group of people, scattered across the globe, with a true passion for the Kyte mission. No matter where you are or what you are working on, you will have a significant level of ownership and impact on our company's trajectory and growth into the future.
Help us unlock the freedom to go places!
As Associate Employment Counsel, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the Legal strategy as Kyte continues to grow and evolve. More specifically, you will work directly with the business, serving as lead counsel on strategic deals, providing day-to-day advice, handling disputes, drafting/reviewing contracts or policies, and more. You will have a hand in all-things Legal across the entire organization and set the direction for where we are headed. This is an incredible opportunity for someone who is looking to grow their career exceptionally fast.
What You’ll Do
- Draft, negotiate, and manage a range of transactions, including NDAs, consulting agreements, and other commercial agreements related to the company’s business
- Partner with a range of cross-functional teams to drive strategic initiatives supporting the company's business goals
- Help develop and build workflows, templates, process improvements, and internal and external facing policies
- Assist with general transactions and other commercial legal matters as needed
- Communicate with executive management and manage outside counsel as needed
- Support on employment related topics
- Keep up to date on the latest developments in applicable laws, regulations, and industry trends
- Bachelor’s degree and a Juris Doctorate degree from a U.S. accredited law school
- 2+ years of experience as a licensed attorney for a law firm or in-house corporate counsel
- Experience with employment law and contingent workforce
- Ability to identify, evaluate and provide risk-appropriate solutions to the business based on excellent legal and business judgment
- Proven ability to succinctly and cogently articulate positions and to draft contracts in clear, concise language
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effective organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and complete them on time
- Be a team player who can perform assigned responsibilities with a great level of independence and ownership
- Experience working in a cross-department, cross-functional role requiring good relationship building skills
- Member of the California Bar or eligible to become Registered In-House Counsel in California
- Experience within the mobility and tech industry
Perks and benefits
• Comprehensive Medical, Dental, & Vision Health Insurance (Individuals 100% Covered, Dependents 80% Covered)
• 401(k) Retirement Plan
• $200 Monthly Commuter Benefit
• $75 Monthly Flexible Wellness Benefit
• Annual WFH Stipend (Remote Employees)
• Significant Kyte Rental Discount
• Annual Company-wide Offsite
• Annual Learning and Development Budget
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single requirement. At Kyte, we're building an inclusive, diverse, and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about our vision/mission and this role caught your eye - we encourage you to apply! Don't worry if your previous experience doesn't match perfectly, you may be the right candidate for this role, or even another role at Kyte!