Fleet Coordinator - Boston
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2023
Kyte is a Series B technology platform that brings magic and seamless delivery into the experience of getting a car in cities for any trip longer than a rideshare. We unlock the freedom to go places by committing to relentless customer centricity, technology-powered operational excellence and capital efficiency. The sky's the limit when it comes to Kyte.
At Kyte, we love what we do and we believe our diverse team of ridiculously ambitious individuals is what makes our company unstoppable. We are a transparency first, egoless, and down-to-earth group of people, scattered across the globe, with a true passion for the Kyte mission. No matter where you are or what you are working on, you will have a significant level of ownership and impact on our company's trajectory and growth into the future.
Help us unlock the freedom to go places!
We're looking for a highly efficient and competent logistics coordinator who can lead a team of drivers ("Surfers") to maintain flawless and timely execution of daily rental car delivery and pickup for our clients. The Fleet Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring smooth day-to-day fleet operations for a rental car startup, developing operations strategies for maximum efficiency, and lifting our on-the-ground operations to the next level. This role would report to the local Fleet Manager. This person should be highly motivated towards excellence, be incredibly communicative and a quick thinker, open to learning and trying new strategies, and growing at a fast pace with the company.
What You'll Do
- Ensure the smooth daily operation of Kyte’s lot in Chicago
- Deliver and return cars to customers as needed
- Deliver cars to repair shops for major repairs or damage
- Coordinate vehicle pickups from suppliers
- Onboard new contractors
- Troubleshoot and triage minor maintenance issues on-site
- Supervise and schedule cleaning services
- Install telematic devices on cars
- Optimize vehicle configuration in lot to ensure cars go out on time
- Collaborate with market leadership to suggest tools and operational changes to improve customer satisfaction, fleet health and fleet management costs
- 40 hours a week
- 1 year of professional experience in logistics and operations
- Superb time management skills and history of balancing competing priorities
- Can communicate equally effectively with contractors, vendors, and leadership
- Extremely process oriented with a bias for action
- Experience with rental car services
- Proficiency in SLACK, Google Sheets/Microsoft Excel and Google Docs
- Managed a team of 15-20 people
• Comprehensive Medical, Dental, & Vision Health Insurance
• 401(k) Retirement Plan
• Paid Time Off
• The opportunity to partner with us during the exciting early stages of a well-funded, Silicon Valley based startup with massive growth potential