Operations Manager - San Francisco
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
Kyte is a Series B technology platform that brings magic and seamless delivery into the experience of getting a car in cities for any trip longer than a rideshare. We unlock the freedom to go places by committing to relentless customer centricity, technology-powered operational excellence and capital efficiency. The sky's the limit when it comes to Kyte.
At Kyte, we love what we do and we believe our diverse team of ridiculously ambitious individuals is what makes our company unstoppable. We are a transparency first, egoless, and down-to-earth group of people, scattered across the globe, with a true passion for the Kyte mission. No matter where you are or what you are working on, you will have a significant level of ownership and impact on our company's trajectory and growth into the future.
Help us unlock the freedom to go places!
About the Role
The Operations Manager will be directly responsible for the day-to-day operation, namely fleet maintenance activities, partner scheduling and training, and parking lot operations and control as well as the implementation of standardized processes. This role requires physical presence at the company parking lot. You must exhibit a hands-on management style coupled with the interpersonal skills necessary to work with driver-partners to ensure they meet expectations and, when necessary, coach driver-partners to ensure an effective operation.
What You'll Do
- Owning driver partner onboarding and training
- Scheduling driver partner tasks and ensuring they are executed to completion (vehicle swaps, maintenance, refueling, detailing, etc.)
- Managing vehicle onboarding and off-boarding with our supplier partners
- Controlling and valeting the parking lot to maximize operational efficiency
- Maintaining the key management system to ensure security and operational efficiency
- Auditing and controlling the cleanliness of the vehicles to ensure 3rd party accountability and excellent customer service
- Maintaining the vehicle fleet so that all cars are in “rentable condition”
- Working cross-functionally with our Product, Consumer, and Customer Support teams, providing any on-the-ground feedback that can up-level our services for our drivers and customers
- 3+ years of working experience in an operations role
- 1 year + as a supervisor or people manager
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly changing work environment
- Experience in creating, optimizing, and implementing processes
- Self-starter that radiates positivity and possesses a “can-do” attitude
- Outstanding organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Previous high-growth, fast-paced startup experience
- Managed a fleet of vehicles (scooters, bikes, mopeds, cars, etc)
- Worked as/managed 1099 contractors
- Basic understanding of vehicle systems, mechanics, and technology sufficiently to authorize repairs and accurately evaluate the work of partners involved in maintenance and repairs
- Fleet or warehouse management experience
Perks and benefits
• Comprehensive Medical, Dental, & Vision Health Insurance (Individuals 100% Covered, Dependents 80% Covered)
• 401(k) Retirement Plan
• $200 Monthly Commuter Benefit
• $75 Monthly Flexible Wellness Benefit
• Annual WFH Stipend (Remote Employees)
• Significant Kyte Rental Discount
• Annual Company-wide Offsite
• Annual Learning and Development Budget
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single requirement. At Kyte, we're building an inclusive, diverse, and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about our vision/mission and this role caught your eye - we encourage you to apply! Don't worry if your previous experience doesn't match perfectly, you may be the right candidate for this role, or even another role at Kyte!