Sr. Infrastructure Engineer
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Remote · United States
Posted on Saturday, January 20, 2024
Kyte is a Series B technology platform that brings magic and seamless delivery into the experience of getting a car in cities for any trip longer than a rideshare. We unlock the freedom to go places by committing to relentless customer centricity, technology-powered operational excellence and capital efficiency. The sky's the limit when it comes to Kyte.
At Kyte, we love what we do and we believe our diverse team of ridiculously ambitious individuals is what makes our company unstoppable. We are a transparency first, egoless, and down-to-earth group of people, scattered across the globe, with a true passion for the Kyte mission. No matter where you are or what you are working on, you will have a significant level of ownership and impact on our company's trajectory and growth into the future.
Help us unlock the freedom to go places!
About the Role
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer, you will build reliable and scalable systems from day one that handle tons of data points, match our booking requests, dispatch vehicles, calculate ETAs, and much more. You will focus on building automated, scalable, and secure systems that support strong development practices, contributing to the overall software architecture at Kyte. You will work closely together with the product, engineering, and operations teams to develop features, architect and design systems and ship products to our users, partners and internal
What you'll do
- Design and implement our cloud infrastructure and deployment strategies, adhering to best practices and industry standards
- Ensuring our products and service’s availability, performance, security, and scalability
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to identify performance bottlenecks, service interruptions, and other issues impacting the reliability of our products and services
- Be a hands-on and collaborative player within our teams
- Build and enhance the developer platform required to deliver on Kyte’s product ambitions
- Contribute development effort to one or more of the following areas: Developer tooling & workflows, software build system, continuous integration, release engineering & management
- Assists with ensuring CCPA, GDPR, and other compliance frameworks are implemented at Kyte
- Minimum 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Proficiency in Python, Go, Ruby, Node, or similar language with the ability to learn others if needed
- Hands-on experience with cloud computing using AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Experience implementing an infrastructure-as-code culture using Terraform, Ansible, Spacelift, and other tools
- Experience working with container orchestration systems such as Kubernetes and ECS
- Experience building highly scalable, robust, secure, and fault-tolerant products and platforms
- Experience with Linux environments with an understanding of its fundamentals and internals: filesystems and modern memory management, threads and processes
- Excellent documentation, communication, and collaboration skills
- Ability to architect and design modular and scalable systems (micro-services, event-driven architectures, resilience patterns)
- Advanced expertise with unit, integration, and end-to-end testing
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent technical experience
- Experience scaling datastore, such as postgres, mysql, NoSQL, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of implementing cloud-native architectures
- Experienced in design and implementation of large-scale microservice architectures
- A good understanding of large-scale distributed systems in practice, including multi-tier architectures, application security, monitoring, and storage systems.
- Familiarity in any of the following areas: Engineering Security, Privacy, Authentication, Authorization, Client Platform Engineering
Perks and benefits
• Comprehensive Medical, Dental, & Vision Health Insurance (Individuals 100% Covered, Dependents 80% Covered)
• 401(k) Retirement Plan
• $200 Monthly Commuter Benefit
• $75 Monthly Flexible Wellness Benefit
• Annual WFH Stipend (Remote Employees)
• Annual Learning and Development Budget
• Paid Github Copilot license
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single requirement. At Kyte, we're building an inclusive, diverse, and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about our vision/mission and this role caught your eye - we encourage you to apply! Don't worry if your previous experience doesn't match perfectly, you may be the right candidate for this role, or even another role at Kyte!