Deployment Lead (Senior Engagement Manager)
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2023
At Nova Credit, our mission is to power a more fair and inclusive financial system for the world. Nova Credit’s diverse global team is stitching together the world's credit data into a single network to unlock financial opportunities for immigrants and other populations historically excluded from the credit system. We’ve built a platform that enables lenders to access a single, predictive cross-border credit database to help enable underwriting decisions. We are backed by leading investors, including Kleiner Perkins, General Catalyst, and Index Ventures, and are proud recipients of the following awards:
-Forbes’ Best Startup Employers 2022
-BuiltIn NYC's Best Places to Work 2022: Best Small Companies to Work For
-Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Social Good Companies 2022
This role is responsible for successfully deploying and implementing Nova Credit’s products, with an initial focus on strategic accounts onboarding to our flagship Credit Passport® product both within the United States and globally, including the UK, the UAE, Canada, and beyond. You’ll contribute to growing our revenue globally, multiplying our impact to serve more global citizens, and fulfilling our mission “to power a fair and inclusive financial system for the world.”
You will understand in detail Nova Credit’s product technology and our largest clients’ needs to help deliver a solution that exceeds expectations, informed by lessons learned from our deployments with customers like Amex, Verizon, and HSBC. Externally, you’ll work with teams across our strategic accounts to successfully deploy our products into their systems. Beyond technology teams, this may include marketing, credit risk policy, and other critical stakeholders needed to install, deploy, and launch. Internally, you’ll work across similar teams to marshall Nova Credit’s teams accordingly to help our clients implement scope as intended, on time, and with a line of sight into immediate opportunities to grow recurring revenue. The ideal candidate is excited to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, highly visible role.
This is a full-time position based in the East Coast (US) and reporting to the Head of Customer Success.
WITHIN THE FIRST MONTH YOU'LL
- Master the Credit Passport® product technology in order to tackle customer business challenges as a senior onboarding and implementation lead, including the basics of enabling API integration and credit risk decisioning amongst large financial institutions
- Partner with customer business teams to shape business objectives and integration requirements
- Collaborate with Nova Credit’s Solution Architects, Product Managers, and Engineering teams - among others - to share customer requirements, influence product priorities, and further improve Nova Credit’s core product features
WITHIN THE FIRST QUARTER YOU'LL
- Plan and execute integration, testing, and user acceptance completion of customer implementations at Nova Credit’s strategic accounts
- Define strategies to ensure implementation success by marshaling Nova Credit’s resources to influence key customer decisions on (i) consumer acquisition (brand awareness/marketing; (2) credit policy; (iii) operations (training, consumer support); (iv) performance management (data monitoring & reporting); and (v) partnership governance (defining partnership engagement cadence and stakeholder mapping)
WITHIN THE FIRST YEAR YOU'LL
- Successfully implement multiple deployments across several countries
- Be directly responsible for driving significant revenue realization
- Operate as the “go-to” representative for the “voice of the customer” for strategic accounts for internal Product and Engineering teams
- 5+ years of experience as a Deployment Lead, Implementation Manager, Technical Project Manager, Forward Deployed Engineer, Client Solutions or Professional Services Lead, ideally working with clients in the financial services industry
- Hands-on technical configuration experience - you can make basic API calls via Postman and can explain an API pattern;
- Ability to propose creative technical solutions to challenging problems and communicate technical concepts and specifications clearly and efficiently;
- Experienced in project management - you have a sharp understanding of scope control and resource management to define when/how to marshall Nova Credit and customer resources across various departments
- Highly adept at delivering multi-stakeholder decisions – you know how to lay out a stakeholder engagement strategy in large/small groups to arrive at decisions that are mutually beneficial to Nova Credit and our customers.
- Experienced in executive stakeholder management - you can own and influence with independence in an advisory/leadership role and make appropriate judgment calls on when to escalate
- Strong personal initiative and drive to execute with minimal oversight and the intellectual curiosity to learn the technical details of our business
- Adaptable to hybrid work settings and multifaceted work environments (wearing multiple hats)
Everyone is welcome at Nova Credit. We are an equal-opportunity employer where our diversity and inclusion are central pillars to our company strategy. We look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural and increasingly globalized world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at Nova Credit
Something looks off?