Senior Customer Success Manager (US)
Customer Service, Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, July 27, 2023
At Nova Credit, our mission is to power a more fair and inclusive financial system for the world. Nova Credit’s diverse global team is stitching together the world's credit data into a single network to unlock financial opportunities for immigrants and other populations historically excluded from the credit system. We’ve built a platform that enables lenders to access a single, predictive cross-border credit database to help enable underwriting decisions. We are backed by leading investors, including Kleiner Perkins, General Catalyst, and Index Ventures, and are proud recipients of the following awards:
-Forbes’ Best Startup Employers 2022
-BuiltIn NYC's Best Places to Work 2022: Best Small Companies to Work For
-Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Social Good Companies 2022
Customer Success Managers (CSMs) at Nova Credit manage the customer lifecycle post-implementation, which includes (1) ongoing account management such as incident management, business reviews, and renewals; (2) account expansion, including cross-sell & up-sells. We are highly consultative in our approach and believe in building deep, trust-based relationships with our customers.
This role will manage a portfolio of US enterprise customers totaling $1M+ in ARR, inclusive of a growing number of international student lending customers. You will bring a mastery of “one to many” account management and serve as your customers’ strategic advisor on how to optimize their current spending with Nova Credit relative to their competitors. This includes (i) leveraging your technical and account management skills to secure investments by Nova and our customers that accelerate time to value and growth and (ii) working both independently and collaboratively with team members spanning product, marketing, data science solutions, solutions architects, and legal.
This is a full-time position based in the U.S., and reporting to the Senior Director of Customer Success; East Coast candidates strongly preferred.
WITHIN THE FIRST MONTH YOU'LL:
- Understand Nova Credit’s value, business model, and products
- Meet your customers and begin defining account plans driving adoption, usage, and revenue
WITHIN THE FIRST QUARTER YOU'LL:
- Master the Credit Passport and Cash Atlas product technology, including the basics of optimizing API integration, user experience, customer acquisition, and credit risk decisioning amongst financial institutions
- Proactively establish external relationships and lead business reviews, interfacing with C-suite executives to align to joint business objectives and agree to a mutual success plan
- De-escalate and resolve critical customer issues spanning from customer outages to custom solutions
- Implement growth initiatives spanning marketing, credit policy, and technology
WITHIN THE FIRST YEAR YOU'LL:
- Deliver significant revenue growth in line with company projections
- Serve as Nova’s “voice of the customer” by surfacing customer feedback and advocating for roadmap priorities that strengthen customer value
- Secure expansion opportunities that drive significant revenue realization, including up-sells and/or cross-sells
- Define industry-specific strategies for Nova Credit product usage and expansion by our customers
- 8+ years experience as an Account Manager, Customer Success Manager, or other customer-facing advisory role, ideally with commercial experience selling to clients in the financial services industry;
- High autonomy in delivering multi-stakeholder initiatives - Ability to fully own your customer portfolio and make key decisions to deliver ambitious business outcomes. This includes deciding when to include our executive team in customer escalations, defining de-escalation plans, mobilizing cross-functional teams to solve customer requests, and executing a mix of high vs. mid-touch engagement commensurate with the growth potential of your customers.
- A mind for technology - we’ll teach you about Nova Credit’s products, but our customers and products are inherently technical, and you should have the curiosity to learn and creatively problem-solve
- Entrepreneurial mindset - Proactively seek out opportunities to drive revenue and decide when to build an entirely new process. Adaptable to hybrid work settings and resourceful in a fast-paced, lean environment (wearing multiple hats)
Everyone is welcome at Nova Credit. We are an equal opportunity employer where our diversity and inclusion are central pillars to our company strategy. We look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural and increasingly globalized world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.