Channel Partner Manager (US)
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2023
At Nova Credit, our mission is to power a more fair and inclusive financial system for the world. Nova Credit’s diverse global team is stitching together the world's credit data into a single network to unlock financial opportunities for immigrants and other populations historically excluded from the credit system. We’ve built a platform that enables lenders to access a single, predictive credit database to help enable underwriting decisions. We are backed by leading investors, including Kleiner Perkins, General Catalyst, and Index Ventures, and are proud recipients of the following awards:
-Forbes’ Best Startup Employers 2022
-BuiltIn NYC's Best Places to Work 2022: Best Small Companies to Work For
-Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Social Good Companies 2022
This role will work as a strategic advisor, technical expert, and day-to-day point of contact for Nova Credit’s channel partners, who co-sell, refer, and integrate our services to prospective customers. You will start by managing a portfolio of existing partners in tenant screening and adding new partners over time as we grow our indirect sales function.
The role will require a mix of strategic program management and account management. We’re seeking someone who can successfully navigate complex partner organizations to build key sales relationships and fuel rapid revenue growth. The role will be cross-functional in nature, working closely with Nova Credit’s product, engineering, marketing, finance, and legal teams.
Our Channels & Alliances function is part of the broader Go-To-Market team. Channels & Alliances own, maintain, and grow all partnerships that pertain to indirect sales, including Channel Partners, Technology Partners, and Strategic Alliances.
This is a full-time role with travel to Nova Credit offices (New York and San Francisco) and client sites required up to 10% of the time. Work location is flexible within the contiguous US.
WITHIN THE FIRST MONTH, YOU'LL:
- Understand Nova Credit’s value, business model, and products
- Familiarize yourself with existing partners in tenant screening and the partnership team’s quarterly and annual goals
- Dive into partnership strategy, end-to-end life cycle, and partners’ impact on products
WITHIN THE FIRST QUARTER, YOU'LL:
- Support a portfolio of strategic partners in tenant screening; serve as the main point of contact for day-to-day operations and increase usage of Nova Credit’s products
- Identify operational gaps with our partners and improve our operational efficiency
- Review and analyze partnership fundamentals and identify opportunities for improvement
- Support broader partnership initiatives by preparing development materials
WITHIN THE FIRST YEAR, YOU'LL
- Fully own key partnerships, acting as the primary manager externally and internally
- Stay current on relevant market and regulatory changes that might impact our approach to partnerships
- Develop and implement a refined partnership operation strategy that can be scalable with Nova Credit’s business growth
- Drive cross-functional discussion and decision-making on partnership initiatives to ensure strategy is entirely in sync with company and product strategies
- 5+ years of experience in partnerships or account management
- Experience working in B2B SaaS, fintech, banking, and data industries (B2B2C even better!)
- Ability to handle day-to-day partner operations while making progress on a broader partner strategy
- Demonstrated cross-functional communication skills and relationship-building experience, especially with product and engineering partners
- Principled and creative problem-solver
- BONUS: Experience with consumer-permissioned data and/or tenant screening companies
Everyone is welcome at Nova Credit. We are an equal opportunity employer where our diversity and inclusion are central pillars to our company strategy. We look for applicants who understand, embrace, and thrive in a multicultural and increasingly globalized world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.