Senior Account Executive (North America)
Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
At Nova Credit, our mission is to power a more fair and inclusive financial system for the world. We are on our way to accomplishing this mission by rewiring the financial industry with better credit infrastructure, analytics, and workflows, enabling more people to get access to credit opportunities. Our cross-border credit product, Credit Passport®, cash flow underwriting product, Cash Atlas™, and income verification product, Income Navigator, are trusted by leading organizations to reach valuable new applicants from traditionally credit-excluded populations. With support from investors Canapi Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, General Catalyst, and Index Ventures, as well as industry veterans from Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, and Citi, Nova Credit is revolutionizing the way lending is done.
Our Sales team combines deep product and industry knowledge and is focused on bringing Nova Credit into an ever-broadening set of businesses. You will play an essential role in winning net new customer relationships with enterprises in the United States and Canada – specifically, financial institutions, consumer banking institutions, credit unions, telecom providers, and fintechs. You will be responsible for executing our consultative, solutions-based sales process end-to-end, from initial prospecting through contract execution, including close coordination with the rest of our Go-To-Market organization, including pre-sales (e.g., Solutions Architects, Data Science Solutions) and post-sales (e.g., Deployment Leads).
Your focus will be on developing and leading large, complex, new enterprise deals and building strong, high-stakes, trust-based relationships at net new customers like American Express, HSBC, Verizon, Scotiabank, SoFi, and more. You'll play a critical role in shaping how we engage, design, and build products for the best brands in banking!
This full-time role reports to Nova Credit's Head of Sales and requires regular onsite travel to prospective customers and occasional travel to Nova Credit offices in New York City.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Identify potential customers based on diligent prospecting and a clear path to revenue
- Run the end-to-end enterprise sales process to bring net new revenue, executing exceptional negotiation, deal structuring, and stakeholder alignment
- Build and maintain a broad array of stakeholder relationships within enterprises, from executives to technical product teams to credit risk officers
- Work with our sales and marketing teams to define and execute our sales strategy
- Significant experience (5+ years of quota-carrying experience) in a sales role and a strong track record of closing enterprise-level deals (3+ years focused on enterprise customers) with large target customers
- Proven track record selling data solutions to mid-market or enterprise-level businesses
- Strong prospecting, qualifying, and negotiating skills; consultative sales approach with a product-centric mindset
- Ruthless focus on execution: excitement to operate autonomously in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment and help build processes and tools as needed
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including highly structured written and verbal communication and strong, curious listening skills
- Desire to get (more) technical and the ability to learn the ins and outs of Nova Credit’s analytics
Everyone is welcome at Nova Credit. We are an equal opportunity employer where our diversity and inclusion are central pillars to our company strategy. We look for applicants who understand, embrace, and thrive in a multicultural and increasingly globalized world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.