Senior Robotics Engineer
Remote · Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2023
Serve Robotics is a leader in autonomous sidewalk delivery, revolutionizing the way goods are transported within urban environments. We are pioneering cutting-edge technology to safely and efficiently navigate sidewalks, which are inherently less structured and more chaotic than traditional roadways. By joining our team, you will be at the forefront of innovation, working alongside a group of talented engineers to shape the future of autonomous delivery.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Robotics Engineer to join our innovative team. The ideal candidate will have a background in geometrical perception, robotics, and a proven track record of working in startups. As a Senior Robotics Engineer, your area of responsibility will primarily depend on your core expertise, and you will be contributing to various aspects of autonomy, including perception, prediction, mapping, and motion planning.
What you'll be doing
- Design, develop, and implement algorithms for robot perception, prediction, mapping, and motion planning based on your core expertise
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate robotics solutions into the overall product architecture
- Optimize algorithms for real-time performance and scalability
- Test and validate robotic systems to ensure optimal performance and reliability
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in robotics and related technologies
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to junior engineers
What makes you a strong fit
- 5+ years of industry experience in robotics engineering
- Experience with geometrical perception and a solid understanding of its fundamentals
- Proven expertise in one or more core areas of robotics, such as perception, prediction, mapping, or motion planning
- Fluency in C++ programming language
- Experience with robotic hardware and sensors, such as LIDAR, cameras, and IMUs
- Demonstrated experience as a robotics generalist
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Proficiency in highly parallel programming (e.g. CUDA, OpenMP).
- Proficiency in Python programming language
- Experience with machine learning techniques and their application to robotics
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
About Serve Robotics
Over 40% of restaurant deliveries in the US are within 30 minutes walking distance, yet 90% of the time, we are moving two-pound burritos with two-ton cars!
We are reimagining how things move in cities. Our personable sidewalk delivery robot, Serve, is a small, low-speed self-driving vehicle that’s designed to take deliveries away from congested streets to save energy and reduce emissions, while making deliveries faster and cheaper.
Having completed thousands of commercial deliveries for Postmates (now Uber) in Los Angeles and San Francisco, we recently spun out with backing from top tier investors to grow faster and target the entire sidewalk delivery market. Our commercial agreement with Uber provides us unlimited access to delivery jobs—and thus revenue.
We are proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
See more open positions at Serve Robotics
Something looks off?